Monday, May 14, 2007

4th at Momar.


Momar, Mo- Fun! What a great way to spend a Saturday in Squamish. First time for The Momar race to come to Sqaumish, and what a route ! Momar race route was decided by Jen Seggar -Gigg a world-class racer for Dart-Nuun. Jen gave me the heads up on a few trails that might be in the race. I would be racing solo beacuse Chris Clark torn his knee apart, about a month ago. When racing solo- adventure races it's you and you only. No one is there to back up your navigational choices. The race started with a good 10 km trek/run with some very tricky checkpoints. Going on to the first bike leg I really had no idea where I was in the race. A Kiwi in the crowd told me I was right up there. Yippee! Now for some fun hogging! The trail was in great shape, made it over to the famous POWERHOUSE PLUNGE. The steep technical switchbacks of the Plunge will have your eyeballs a popping. A few racers will have to check their shorts at the end of the ride. A quick rip over to the rappel line and then off to the finish line. Using this a "C" race (training race) was great and hitting the finish line in 4th was great. I am very happy, there were some big name racers from all over the states. So the competition was there. If you ever would like to try a MOMAR also for full results. Up next The KNEEKNACKER JULY 14TH, bring on the pain !

No comments: