Friday, June 01, 2007

2nd - Whistler Valley trail 10 km



Never in the world would I call myself a 10 km runner, but there I was. On rain filled sunday morning racing in the Whistler valley trail 10 km. 144 brave souls battled the rain with smiles and good spirits.
Racing a 10 km aways hurts me, for it's a full drag race. RPM's high, good leg turn over and no matter what happens, it's only 10 km. Rounding the first couple of corners I was feeling great, until Kristina Rody( 10 km speed-guru) came for behind with lighting speed. I felt like I was standing still.

I felt great all race and never had any problems, only wish it was about 40 km longer. Finishing 2nd is still nice. It's great to live in Whistler because of the great racing talent here. Dave Higgings ( 1st men ) a great Tri guy, and boy can he really show his speed in a race like that ,man can he go !
Thanks to Christine Suter (Race dir.), she did a great job !
For full Story visit here


No comments: