Monday, September 17, 2007

Loop the Lakes


Another great race in the Sea to sky running series. This year, many of the great runner from Whistler came down to Squamish to race in the 8 km & 16km at the Loop the lakes. I decided to race the 8 km, after racing the Westside wheel up mountian bike race the day before. It's all about the month of pain.
The trail was super quick, and fast. As the race started, I decided not to go with my normal race plan, Go out has hard as I can and hold on ! As the pack made it to the 4 km mark, I knew this was the time to go it. Having a few too many the night before, everything in belly decided to exit. I guess I was lighting my load, on the way to the win.
Congrads to all the racers !

Thanks to Roger Shirt and all the Vollies for such a great race ! I look forward to next years race.

No comments: