Sunday, July 05, 2009

Squamish Tri 2009


Well, after being out the the water for more than a couple of years. I was looking to get back in the water, since my ankle is not healing (more on that later). The Escape Route hooked me up with a entry to the Squamish Tri on Sunday. I was not able to race this solo, so I found a few good athlete' s and sign up for the men's relay. Christine Suter and myself had a little side bet, first out of the water get a bottle of Vino. Suter is very experienced Ironman athlete and it was going to take the swim of my life just to keep up to her. It was super cool , we went stroke for stoke the whole way. As we round the last marker, she was a head by a body length. I knew I was going to have to dig deep. As we got closer to the end of the swim leg, I saw her zag and go wide. I gave it everything, only to come out of the water 7 seconds a head of her. She battled hard ! I was really lucky to have a great swim today.

Off to the transition area , where Greg Mac would take over for the team. Mac had the 5th fastest bike leg of the day. way to go mac ! Craig Johnson ran a very strong leg to help us hold to first place. Way to go boys !

Now Suter's team was an also gunning for top spot in the female relay team. They killed it ! Nice job ladies. Liz c - rode, Christine cogger- ran. Check out the video.

Thanks for a great day racing with and against my friends
next race the four Jacks - starts thursday night !

No comments: