Sunday, May 13, 2012

Olukai !!

The Olukai race was such an awesome race! Now I am not a "Sup"-er at all , only twice on a board in the open water. When I saw this race I had to sign up. Dayna D. an amazing paddler told me that " magic happens outside your comfort zone !" So I took the chance and signed up. I rented , what I thought was a good board , but turned out to be a tanker. This thing was a pig !  I GOT SCHOOLED !!! This race was super cool  with over 300 of the best paddlers in the world racing, plus me. Not once did I  feel un-safe or unsure if I would finish. I just paddled along enjoying the views and the turtles that swam next to us. I would like to thank all the organizers and safety boaters out there. It's a hard job to pull off a race like this.....so THANK YOU !!
Next year I will be back ....... and hopefully you can make it to ;)

No comments: