Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cheak Challenge

This weekend was a full on race weekend. Two big races back to back. What more could you wish for ?

So,as it stands the Cheakamus Challenge has always been a hard race for me, because of all the road and pee gravel. The race is a point to point 74 km race. I have the endurance in the legs , but no power. All I could do is just spin, spin , spin. I had lots of energy in the tanks , but when I try to bridge the gap on some riders. The power was just not there. You can always learn from races. My goal was to take time off from last years race. Mission accomplished. 16 came off my time from last years race. My legs were feeling it after the race.

A big shout out to Mike Bohem for winning in a very hard field in the Men's 30 -39. Also a big "whoop-whoop!" goes to my good friend Joanna Harrington( seen in picture racing at worlds) and Lesley Clements. These ladies rule the Mtn bike seen in Whistler ! Nice work girls locking 1-2 in the women's field.

No comments: