Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Stage 4 Camp Hale to Red Cliff 23 km here we come


77 km down and still lots more to go, I can't wait! I will say it again , and AGAIN ! The key to racing is eating. No matter what. After a bit of a late night ........thanks Kev, for the great story by the fire. I need to get food in, today because the body is going to be working hard.

The starting line was a little cold and the gravel road would soon turn into a very, very steep climb into the high alpine. Nothing is better than working your ass off to get high over a ridge. All the top teams were crossing the ridge line once I hit the top of Hornsilver Mountain. It was great to see some racing, finally ! I can't complain , even though I was racing in the Unclassified. Oh well ! I could be at a office Job. The Downhill was great running straight through creek crossing up to your knee. The water was super cold. Which helped take the sting out of my sore quads, that have been working so hard over the last couple of days.

Prerace Food Coffee Fresh fruit Pancakes,
Race Food: Two Nuun tablets mixed with Carbo 1200 in Hydration system.
Post race Food: Peanut butter and honey, lots of Nuun/water. 3 fish Taco at Mango's with 1 beer.
Dinner: Mexican Buffet ! Yipppee ! I am in heaven, 4 large fish Tacos.
Positive highs: Running in the high alpine, working hard on the climb. Finally able to shake a few demons away.
Lows: nothing , it was an amazing day of running !!!!!!!


Up next stage 5, more running ! Wicked .

No comments: