Friday, September 19, 2008

Roller SKI ?


Ok ,I know it looks very Euro. But, Roller Skiing has been around for years and is used by thousands former Olympic athlete's. As I head back into winter, I am really looking forward to the 4 World cups at the Whistler Olympic park. It's going to be crazy !
So I have been racing all month (7 races,)lots of Nordic planning and way too many meetings and no Bloggin'.
Maria Lundgren and I are hard at work putting together a great Nordic winter of fun. So with Nordic skiing in our minds. We headed to the "WOP" for a long pull up the road. Took a bit of time 50 mins, but we got there.

Roller skiing will help me keep up the technique of Skiing in the fall. People compare it to rollerblading and other skating sports but they are mistaken. Roller Skiing uses the exact same body movements as Skiing, a fact that has been confirmed by many scientists through the years. Roller Skiing is the way to keep on practicing your skills and Skiing strength in the off-season. Can't wait for the snow !

No comments: