Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Vail to Beaver Creek - LAST DAY 35 km


Last day , a little sad because I still wanted to keep running. I love sharing the good times with amazing people in the running community. Did not sleep well , as the tent city was beside the interstate. Ah ! nothing like the sweet sound of the interstate to help you sleep. Half way through the night I rolled onto my Hydration pack which leaked all the water everywhere and onto my sleeping bag. I figured if I can't sleep , might as well be wet and the same time. Long night of coldness.



Last stage... this final stage an it will had the highest elevation gain. I can't wait for my legs to leave everything out there, I made sure of that. Bring the pain to my tired legs,. the pain will already be there anyway ! Vail offers wicked views and nice single track in some really cool ridge lines and meadows. It has everything a runner wanted. I can see why so many great runners come from the area. There are some sweet downhill with over grown trails heading into Beaver Creek. Cold beers were waiting me at the end. Can't wait for next year.

Prerace Food Coffee Fresh fruit Pancakes,Race Food: Two Nuun tablets mixed with Carbo 1200 in Hydration system.
Post race Food: Fries, with Buffalo sausages , lots of Nuun/water.
Dinner: What ever I got get my legs fingers on, lots of post race beers !!!!!!!
Positive highs: Running in the high alpine, working hard on the climb. Left everything out there on a hot day. Legs feel great !
Lows: Last Day !

1 comment:

Matt Hart said...

yep it's sad that it's over.. but on to the next adventure!