Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Stage 5 Red Cliff to Vail , 38 km.


I already knew that this would be the hardest section of the race. A very long hill climb followed by a technical single track on the to Vail. 38 km to Vail going again over 11, 000. I took it easy at the start, I wanted to work my legs into today stage. Climbing the back side of Vail was awesome. It was a very cold start, my legs needed time to warm up. So I took it easy at the start. Once I got up into the Alpine I was really enjoying myself. I am so luckly to be able to run this well and not worry about anything. Thanks Salomon for sending me here!



Prerace Food Coffee, Fresh fruit , bagel with peanut butter. Two Advils.
Race Food: Two Nuun tablets mixed with Carbo 1200 in Hydration system.
Post race Food: Peanut butter and honey, lots of Nuun/water. Chips and salsa with ice tea.
Dinner: 2 steaks, potatoes, salad , 3 brownies
Positive highs: Running in the high alpine, working hard , feeling the legs burn, Running in creeks. Now this is a race.
Lows: Running a long logging road into Vail, not very fun. Drinking non - flat coke. Don't try it running down hill. It came out my nose burning.

No comments: